It’s located on arguably the finest beach in the Caribbean, designed in arguably the most alluring style this side of the Mediterranean, and is brimming with services and amenities arguably among the best in the world. Well there’s no need to argue. The fact is, Cap Juluca is simply outstanding. Maundays Bay has been attracting charmed visitors from beyond for decades – and exerting its magic upon people for centuries. The trademark white sand seems to glow from within, seemingly self-charged with an inner light. And you do indeed feel the energy radiating into the palms of your bare feet. And with the impossibly turquoise water shining almost electric with its own radiance, as the palm fronds whisper overhead, you’re reminded of true bliss. And here at Cap Juluca it only gets better from here.
Balancing the lush landscaped grounds (and the 60,000 flowering plants) with the tropical wilderness is the striking structure of the luxury resort. Architecturally designed with heavy Moorish/Moroccan influence, Cap Juluca is a work of art. It’s a masterpiece, really. Elements of Moorish architecture include horseshoe arches, domes, and courtyards, all of which you’ll find presented here. It’s based on the Islamic motifs that traveled westward into Southern Europe with the medieval Muslims in the 8th century. It’s the landscape and flow of their mind, as it were: the artistic expression of their rich culture.
The Moorish/Moroccan inspiration continues in the interiors of the resort and is on display in the stunning guest rooms. All the units are located just steps from the beach, each with direct access and amazing ocean views. Inside you’ll find no expense spared, decorated with Stearns and Foster beds, Frette linens, and Molton Brown, Hèrmes or Bulgari bath products. Each room is decked out with 40″ Sony Brava HDTVs, Bose Wave stereos, iPod docking stations and Wi-Fi, so you can stay connected and make the perfect soundtrack to your vacation.
After you’ve had your proper relaxation session on the beach or your patio, limitless recreational options abound. There are tennis courts with weekly tennis programs and different skill clinics available each day so you can work on your game with the assistance of a professional. Water sports include an extensive array of options with all the best equipment, such as: windsurfing, waterskiing and wakeboarding, sailing (four hobie wave catamarans and two sunfish sailboats), stand-up paddle boards, sea kayaks, snorkeling, and scuba diving (available off-site through guest services connections).
Just down the road from Cap Juluca is an outstanding championship golf course. Designed by Greg Norman and first opened in 2006, this 7,063-yard course is a premium Caribbean golf experience; both visually mesmerizing and challenging. The first hole has been called “The Caribbean’s answer to the 18th at Pebble Beach” by Robb Report. Head out on the ocean with a cruise aboard the resort’s 32-foot boat, with a different cruise offered each day. From sunset cruises to snorkeling trips and voyages to adjacent cays and secluded reefs, this is one of the best ways to experience the waters around Anguilla. There’s also a fitness center with yoga, Pilates, and beach fitness cardio sculpting classes available. In the fully equipped gym you’ll find everything you need to keep your workout regimen going, along with full-time staff and personal trainers. You’ll also find a swimming pool to swim laps, an aqua golf driving range to work on your swing, and a croquet lawn for a little fun.
Awards and Accolades:
• “#1 Best Beach Resort Worldwide,” Andrew Harper’s Hideaway Report; 2013
• “Best Caribbean Hotel,” Condé Nast Johansens; 2014
• “#1 Resort in Anguilla,” U.S. News & World Report; 2013
• “Gold List,” Condé Nast Traveler; 2013
• “Top 10 Caribbean Resorts,” GAYOT.com; 2013
• “#3 Top Resort in The Caribbean for Honeymoons,” Brides; 2012
• “Most Romantic Hideaway,” Condé Nast Johansens; 2012
• “#5 Top Spa in The Caribbean,” Condé Nast Traveler; 2012
• “Readers’ Choice Top 20 Beach Resorts,” Andrew Harper’s Hideaway Report; 2012
• “#2 My Favorite Caribbean Beaches,” Andrew Harper’s Hideaway Report; 2011
• “#3 Beach Resort in the World,” Virtuoso Life; 2011
• “Fodor’s Choice on Anguilla,” Fodor’s; 2011
• “Award of Excellence,” Wine Spectator; 2011
• “500 World’s Best Hotels,” Travel + Leisure; 2011
• “Awards of Excellence – Best Luxury Resort Hotel in the Caribbean (finalist),” Luxury Travel Advisor; 2010
• “Readers’ Travel Awards – #10 Best Hotels in Americas and Caribbean,” UK Condé Nast Traveller; 2010
• “World’s Top 20 Sexiest Beaches,” The Travel Channel